Installation & Service Technician (Waukesha, WI)
Posted on: August 19, 2021
Summary of Responsibilities:
The role of the Installation & Service Technician is to serve as a technical expert for Wildeck's tech products and will have a strong aptitude for product installation and repair. This individual will work closely with our nationwide network of contractors to ensure that our products are installed and working correctly. Travel to job sites, sometimes with little advanced notice, will be part of this job function. The ability to oversee and train new work crews will also be required. As a product expert, the Installation Technician will be able to work with local repair people to troubleshoot and repair equipment. This individual will also be capable of travelling to a job site and repairing the equipment him/herself.
- Travels to various customer locations throughout North America to oversee installation, conducts training and certification of contractors, and ensures that operations are safe, and installations are On-Time, Accurate, and Complete (OTAC).
- Will be working with the product in a "hands on" approach to assist with installation of products. Will be working over the phone to assist with installation/service issues as well as travel to job sites to assist with issues.
- Will be required to oversee installation and be able to troubleshoot issues in a systematic way.
- Oversees a safe working environment during installation, start-up, and servicing.
- Conducts post-success review, providing critical feedback to engineering, sales, and operations functions with respect to suggestions for improvement and performance of parts & equipment
- Work with customers when post-sale support issues arise to determine the best solution for the customer and lowest cost for Wildeck.
- Determine the Root Cause of all post sale support issues and provide recommendations on how to prevent the issue from happening again.
- Partner with the Installation & Service Manager for installation quoting.
- Request for quote (RFQ) information to be given to installer based on project requirements. Call on installers local to the project to provide quotes.
- Identify new installers and verify that they can install our equipment. Ensure that all installers have appropriate licensing for the states in which they will be working in.
- Create necessary paperwork with installation companies to execute an installation - PO's (purchase orders) and other paperwork for installers. Will also need to adjust PO's as needed throughout the course of a project to reflect "extras"/back charges, etc.
- Work with customers and/or salespeople to create a detailed schedule of project dates & timelines.
- Work with sales/engineering/detailing/shop/shipping to ensure that all materials were designed & manufactured properly, labeled correctly, packaged, and shipped to the jobsite efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Maintain monthly forecast spreadsheet to allow internal leadership to see past, current & upcoming installation projects with dollar values.
- Multitasking: Coordinating numerous installations simultaneously
- Answer questions from installers who call in on various projects
- Suggest ways to improve products for ease of installation
- Assist in assembly department with special projects (as time permits)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based "walking the talk". Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the "What" that needs to be done, and also the "How" -- the way it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth and can resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Can coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Cultural Behaviors and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to contribute to that success in a meaningful way. These influence how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Associates Degree in electronic, hydraulic, or mechanical technology (or related) and one year of experience or High School Diploma and five years of experience
- Certificate or degree in Industrial Maintenance is a plus
- Requires ability to travel 60-80%
- Three or more years of "hands on" work experience with mechanical components such as frequency inverters/drives, PLC/HMI, and safety controllers
- Strong problem-solving skills; focused on providing clear and timely solutions (both in person and via remotely)
- Ability to attack problems in a logical/systematic way to diagnose repairs quickly
- Understanding and experience with electrical schematics and the ability to explain them to others
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Certified to work with high and low voltage live circuits
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and outstanding customer service approach
- Demonstrated competence driving fork trucks, scissor lifts, and other powered vehicles as well as experience with hoisting and rigging heavy steel
- Ability to effectively train others, oversee the quality of workmanship, and provide appropriate feedback and coaching
- Competency in welding, capable of inspecting and evaluating weld quality
- Comfort and skill in working with technology, including MS Office Suite, Smartsheet, Project Management-related software, and video conferencing setups, as well as the ability to learn ERP software
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift at least 100 pounds on occasion, and 25 pounds frequently
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2176307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000706747400#/