Maintenance & Modernization Elevator Mechanics
Eastern Elevator Service & Sales
Posted on: August 2, 2021
Summary of Responsibilities:
Must be a licensed elevator mechanic or immediate ability to become licensed to apply.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled tasks in the construction, installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of elevators, elevator components and related appurtenances used in the production and assembly of commercial and residential elevators; Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Performs elevator maintenance and repair work. Tests and adjusts general operating and safety features of elevators such as speed, acceleration, leveling, braking, emergency stop, and alarm bell
- Maintains and repairs electronic control panels, switches, relays, signal devices, electric motors, generators, and related equipment
- Inspects, adjusts, maintains, and repairs hoist motors and machinery, governors, door mechanisms, cables, hydraulic buffers, pumps, brakes, rails, guides, and related equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine the layout of system components and to select the equipment needed for installation or repair
- Assemble elevator cars, installing each car’s platform, walls, and doors
- Disassembles defective unit and cleans, repairs, or replaces controller parts, generators, and brushes.
- Replace cables, elevator doors, perform major modernization and alteration work, such as replacing electric motors, hydraulic pumps, and control panels.
- Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installation, and alignment and clearance of car hoist way.
- Lubricates bearings and other parts to minimize friction.
- Operates elevator to determine power demand and tests power consumption to detect overload factors.
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors
- Perform rotating on-call shifts that include evenings and weekend coverages
- Drive to each client building to perform routine maintenance route and call back service work as needed
*Full job description available upon request
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
A valid state Driver’s License, Class C with appropriate endorsements, and the ability to maintain insurability under the Company’s Vehicle Insurance Policy.
A current Elevator Mechanics license for the state(s) of Maryland, Virginia, or West Virginia; and or the ability to qualify to obtain an Elevator Mechanics license in these three states
Ability to pass necessary background and security clearance verifications
- Family Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Contributions
- STD / LTD / AD&D / Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employer Paid Scholarships
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Remote work available
Job Type: Full-time
If interested, contact the employer at Careers@easternelevator.com.
Contact: Terrance Gibson