The following information is required in the application:
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's company
- Candidate's position
- Candidate's email
- Candidate nomination statement
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Certification Board
The National Association of Elevator Contractor’s Certification Board promotes quality elevator technicians, inspectors, and other personnel through verification of formal education and examination of an individual’s experience within the industry.
The Certification Board convenes a minimum of 3 times per year to review and approve applications for certification, establish guidelines, and review educational content. Additionally, the Certification Board develops, implements, and updates the operating policies and procedures to ensure that the board activities and processes are conducted in accordance with the association's mission.
- A history of NAEC engagement
- Ability to regularly participate in Certification Board meetings to include the annual convention
- Appropriate expertise to meet the goals and mission of NAEC
- Commitment to diversity and inclusive leadership
- A candidate must be a current and active member of NAEC
- 10 or more years’ experience in the elevator industry
- Self-nominations are accepted
- Willing to serve a 3-year term
- Develop, implement, and monitor the standards to become a Certified Elevator Technician (CET), Certified Accessibility and Private Residence Lift Technician (CAT), and Qualified Elevator Inspector (QEI).
- Establish and maintain continuing education requirements for recertification.
- Ensure the educational requirements for NAEC certification programs are updated to meet industry standards and applied technology.
- Responsible for awarding, suspending, or revoking the certification of an individual in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the Certification Board.
- Recommend certification application fees, certification fees, re-test fees, and continuing education course fees to the NAEC Board of Directors.
- Develop, implement, and update the operating policies and procedures to ensure that the NAEC Certification Board activities and processes are conducted in accordance with the associations mission.
Click here for complete details and the nomination form.