Summary of Responsibilities:
Hamilton Associates, a diverse, growth-oriented, Lean-driven, ISO-Certified manufacturing company is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Group Lead to join our team. For additional information about our Company and each of our divisions and our product lines, please visit our websites at www.hamiltonassoc.com, www.elscoguides.com, www.atitest.com, and www.dirtkiller.com.
Elevator Safety Company (ELSCO), a division of Hamilton Associates, Inc., is the leading designer and manufacturer of roller guides and swivel sliding guide shoes used by elevator manufacturers and building contractors worldwide. As a result of our 60+ years of success and continuing growth within our industry, ELSCO is recognized as a leader in providing superior, consistent and responsive customer service. To further solidify and strengthen this part of ELSCO’s brand promise, the Company is building an organizational culture of teamwork, engagement, learning, and continuous improvement/ innovation.
As our Mechanical Engineering Group Lead, this individual’s responsibilities include:
As an Individual Contributor: Has full responsibility for researching, designing, developing, documenting, and coordinating major projects within ELSCO design and product development. Applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures or objectives. Operates with considerable latitude within project scope. Works with marketing to refine product requirements.
As Group Lead: 1 – 4 direct reports. Responsible for scheduling activities for team and ensuring they are correctly done and on schedule. Mentoring, goal setting and performance reviews, recruitment, coordinating with other functions and teams, presenting on status, challenges, etc. for entire team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform all aspects of system engineering including concept, architecture, block/functional diagrams, system level architecture, CAD, materials evaluation, and selection, defining test parameters and procedures, and complete documentation.
• Design mechanical systems and components as necessary to accomplish product goals using CAD, simulation, and other tools as appropriate.
• Identify and pursue new technologies that would benefit the design effort.
• Promotes adherence to and actively participates in the New Product Development Process with the help of product management and senior leaders.• Provide trouble-shooting and technical evaluation of existing, new, and custom products.
• Prepare part and assembly drawings and provide support to manufacturing engineering during transfer to operations activities.
• Process engineering change orders, part number requests, and bills of material using ERP systems.
• Identify, evaluate and interface with vendors/suppliers.• Interface with manufacturing engineering, marketing, purchasing and other cross-functional teams as required.
• Maintain electronic drawing files, specifications, and other reference materials.
• Supervises and manages 1-4 direct engineering reports including feedback, mentoring, performance appraisal and review, and recruitment as necessary.
• Leads by example and upholds Hamilton’s core values.
• Responsible for task assignment and monitoring, while ensuring schedule, scope, and budget are met.• Write and present reports on project status and team status as well as performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Minimum Background and Skills Required:
• B.S Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline, 10+ years of experience in product design experience
• Elevator industry experience in designing and testing components for the elevator industry, or experience in designing elevators for installation or upgrade
• Experience mentoring others• Experience working with CAD systems, Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor preferred
• Knowledge of machining, fabrication, or bolt assembly manufacturing processes
• Experience in the design complex mechanical assemblies and prototypes
• Familiarity with ERP/CRM systems• Familiarity with stage gate product development processes
• Strong organizational skills• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Additional Background and Skills Preferred:
• Knowledge of Lean manufacturing• Knowledge of ISO Quality Systems Requirements
• Experience with data acquisition tools: Matlab and Arduino
• Experience with 3D Modeling and Finite Element AnalysisPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Visual Acuity
• Occasional lifting: 35-50 lbs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) plan with matching and profit sharing, generous paid time off (PTO) policy, life & disability coverage, plus much more!
If you are a driven, results-oriented individual seeking an opportunity to play a key role in the continuing growth of a reputable organization, please forward your resume, in WORD or PDF format, along with your salary history/requirements, to us for immediate consideration.
E-Mail Address: Elsco.email@example.com
ELEVATOR SAFETY COMPANY (ELSCO)
A Division of Hamilton Associates, Inc.
11403 Cronridge Drive
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.