Summary of Responsibilities:
• Efficient and effective design of elevator systems to meet customer specifications.
• Ownership mentality and continuous improvement mindset.
• Excellent customer service and technical support.
• Excellent technical sales support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engineers elevator systems to meet customer specifications.
• Generates elevator submittal packages to meet customer specifications.
• Designs, details, analyzes (calculations, FEA etc.) and tests elevator systems and components.
• Monitors, tracks, and manages elevator systems projects to completion.
• Generates Bills of Material (BOMs).
• Supports the Sales Team in their efforts to promote and sell products by accompanying them on sales trips and providing technical sales support.
• Provides technical support to customers.
• Supports manufacturing for all Wurtec manufactured elevator systems products to ensure a high level of efficiency and superior quality.
• Creates content for product documentation including specification sheets and instruction manuals.
• Accepts all projects and tasks assigned from the Mechanical Engineering Manager and sees them through to completion.
Work Environment: Office/Shop/Lab/Test Tower
Some travel required including occasional international travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time/Salaried
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in a related field or a proven track record
• 5+ years in the elevator industry
• Familiarity with the elevator industry codes and regulations
• Ability to review and incorporate supplier equipment into Wurtec elevator system designs
• Strong organizational and presentational skills
• Ability to listen and follow directions, processes and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work with outside contractors to insure completion of projects
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve complex problems
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
• Familiarity with Solidworks and EPDM
• Familiarity with ERP systems
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Legally authorized to work in the United States
The company has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to make sure that: Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, uniform service member status, age, disability or any other legally recognized protected personal characteristics. Similarly, all other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and recall from layoffs, access to training, education, tuition assistance and social recreation programs are administered without regard to race, religion, color, veteran status, uniform service member status, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally recognized protected personal characteristics.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Contact: Felix Castillo