Technical Training & Development Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
The National Association of Elevator Contractors (NAEC) seeks Technical Training & Development Manager. This newly created position will report to the Director of Education & Finance.
Salary will be commensurate upon experience and potential for furthering the educational needs of the industry, as well as NAEC’s budget allowances. Ability to travel frequently is required. This position may telecommute from current location, there is no relocation required.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter outlining why they are the best candidate. Salary and benefits required should be included. Please submit requested information to email@example.com by April 30, 2019.
- Lead the training and development of the current Certified Elevator Technician (CET), Certified Accessibility Technician (CAT), Vertical Transportation Management Program (VTMP) and Qualified Elevator Inspector (QEI) Programs along with the future development of the Elevator Training School.
- Lead in the creation of future training programs and materials.
- Review existing programs in order to ensure that standards of excellence are being upheld and to ensure continual improvement in these training programs.
- Perform cost vs. benefit analysis to increase revenues and improve existing member satisfaction by utilizing a “CETS for hire”.
- Will be an instructor in some instances, and be the lead in the development and establishment of the Elevator Training School.
- Will play a key strategic role, overseeing the development of training and e-learning content
- Maintain current industry knowledge and should model and utilize best practices at all times.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- This role will demand a highly skilled elevator technician along with the ability to work collaboratively and independently, while simultaneously focusing on multiple initiatives and programs.
- The ideal candidate should be a strategic and creative thinker, be open-minded and welcoming of change, be comfortable in group settings, be self-motivated with minimal supervision, and remain composed in stressful situations.
- A current education certification, CET or NEIEP, as well as QEI certification, are required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferable, but not necessarily required as this position requires someone who has a high degree of technical skill.
- The individual should have a minimum of 10-15 years working experience in erecting, repairing, and/or maintaining elevators.
- The best candidate for this position should have a proven and successful experience facilitating training and should demonstrate successful experience leveraging technology and excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint is necessary.
Contact: Teresa Witham