Summary of Responsibilities:
SCHAEFER Canada is seeking a General Manager to be responsible for operational stability, success and growth of the North American subsidiary of our International Company with headquarters in Germany.
Minimum 7 years elevator industry experience, minimum 3 years senior management/GM experience.
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to:
• Collaborate with internal leaders to optimize their respective departments
• Engage with customers and prospects to grow the business
• Take responsibility for financial planning and control, including profit and loss (P&L)
The general manager will direct and coordinate the activities of multiple local departments, including manufacturing, operations and sales thereby working towards achieving overall organizational goals by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers:
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Confers with head office and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
• Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
• Oversees manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
• Reviews and supports engineering and sales to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
• Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
• Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
• Actively leads and participates in sales and marketing activities including conferences, customer meetings and sales process management
• Business Acumen.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Manufacturing Process Management.
• Sales Management.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Project Management.
• Strategic Thinking.
This role manages and directs staff in sales, engineering, quality, materials, manufacturing and human resources. The role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This includes management recruitment, training, reviews and terminations of staff.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. For the most part the employee will be exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Position and Salary
• This is a full-time position
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Benefits package is available
Occasional local travel is expected with this position. The applicant must hold a valid passport and be able to legally travel in Canada, the US and Europe.
Education and Experience
• Business Degree (MBA preferred)
• GM or similar position experience: 3+ years
• German language proficiency or familiarity is an asset
Applicant must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SCHAEFER is a well-established and consistently growing company in the elevator pushbutton industry that currently employs approximately 200 people worldwide. The North American subsidiary, located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada, operates as a satellite office with a growing staff of approximately 15.
At SCHAEFER we design, engineer and manufacture in-house because we are driven to be the best in everything we do. Our innovative German engineering sets our company apart and our unique designs provide a significant competitive advantage.
Industry leadership is our goal. To us that means offering “one-of-a-kind” products, outstanding service performance and ongoing creativity. It also means continuous innovation, excellent product quality and superior customer relations. We are proud that SCHAEFER has delivered on these leadership goals for 50 years! For more information about the company, please visit our website at https://www.ws-schaefer.de
Apply for this opportunity
Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format to: SchaeferCanadaCareers@gmail.com
Knowledge and Skill Requirements: