Posted on: February 24, 2023
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Elevator Maintenance Mechanic performs standard elevator procedures. Trains other journeymen on specific skills and tasks as needed. Determines if equipment should be repaired or replaced. Estimates materials required for specific job components.
• Performs standard elevator procedures. Monitors and maintains elevators on the university campus(es).
• Responds to emergency situations on university campus(es). Assists trapped passengers. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Determines materials required for maintenance or remodeling. Purchases materials and services. Initiates requests for materials.
• Prepares reports and/or maintenance records, as needed.
• Trains other workers on specific skills and tasks as required.
• Initiates work orders for elevator maintenance repairs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
All candidates for the position of Elevator Maintenance Mechanic must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Less than high school
• Four years’ experience in maintenance and repair of both cable and hydraulic elevators.
• Through knowledge of city and state building codes and elevator codes.
• Familiar with major elevator manufactures and equipment.
• Knowledge of all elevator mechanical functions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Most possess valid/current city of Los Angele Department of Building Services Elevator Mechanic Journey Level license and State of CA Certified Competent Conveyance Mechanic (CCCM) General Certification
Minimum Education: Less than high school Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Three years experience in maintenance and repair of both cable and hydraulic elevators. Thorough knowledge of city and state building codes and elevator codes. Familiar with major elevator manufacturers and equipment. Knowledge of all elevator mechanical functions. Demonstrated ability to work independently. Demonstrated communication skills. Must possess valid/current City of Los Angeles Department of Building Services Elevator Mechanic Journey Level License and State of CA Certified Competent Conveyance Mechanic (CCCM) General Certification.
Come and join the FPM team – a team that works as trusted partners shaping an environment of innovation and excellence. Apply today!
Contact: Antonise Davis
Uploaded by: Lori Wolking