The following are the minimum criteria for the NAEC to accept an application to become a Certified Elevator Technician:
- Must be a current employee of, and be sponsored by, an employer that has a CET Supervisor (CET-S) in place.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission of the CET Candidate Application
- Must have a high school diploma from a regionally accredited high School, a GED, or National normed Standardized Achievement Test.
- Individuals who received their high school diploma or GED from a school or organization outside the United States of America will be required to have a transcript analysis completed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers. The transcript analysis fee must be paid by the applicant. If the applicant meets all of the other CET Candidate requirements, the NAEC may grant the applicant provisional status for six months to make arrangements for the transcript analysis. Information on the transcript analysis process will be sent to the applicant along with the application verification packet.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or be legally authorized by the United States government to work and participate in a training program. The exception to this requirement is for individuals living outside the United States and are not working in the United States.
- Must sign and secure the signature of an authorized representative of a sponsoring company on the completed application mailed to the applicant by NAEC return the signed application to NAEC along with payment in the amount of $210 (US $) NAEC Member/$650.00 (US $) Non-member representing the first year’s Administration/ Fee. NAEC accepts checks, money orders, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express Credit Card payment information will be included in the application verification package sent to you by NAEC. Please note that this fee is nonrefundable.
Instructions for Completing the On-Line Application
Complete each of the items and select the “Submit” button at the end of this application. For pull-down menu answers (i.e., the boxes that have a small black arrow pointing down on the right side of the white box), select the down arrow with your cursor and then select the appropriate answer. For fill in the blank answers (i.e., the white boxes without a small black arrow pointing down on the right side), place your cursor in the box, click the right mouse button and type in the requested information.
Unless otherwise specified in the instructions for a question, all items must be completed. Applications that do not have all of the items completed as directed will not be processed.
Finally, please make certain that your “Caps Lock” key is not engaged so that every letter you type is not in capital letters (i.e., JOHN DOE). Instead, type with the “Caps Lock” key off, and use the “Shift” key for initial capital letters as would be expected for normal typing (examples of proper use of capital letters: John Doe, Fargo Elevator Company, and TX for the proper abbreviation of Texas, etc.).
An asterisk (*) at the end of a fill in the blank question means that an answer is required for the respective question. Also, a response is required for a pull-down menu labeled “Must Make a Selection.”